Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is two scoops too many?

At the inaugural post, I promised some pretty inane things, didn’t I?  No? 

Aw, well…


This is inane.


See, I think that two scoops of raisins are too many for one box of raisin bran.  I mean, how big are those scoops, anyway?  I bet they’re pretty big.


I suppose the Raisin Bran Problem, which essentially involves there being more Raisin than Bran, could be solved by using a shallower bowl, instead of a deep cup.


Still, though, I’m not buying it.  In a shallower bowel, it’s harder to pick up cereal from the bottom, which might mean more even raisin distribution, but would probably negatively affect the experience more than the over-raisin-ness. 


Those less-than-two-scoops wouldn’t make the raisins lighter or easier to pick up.  Still, one-and-a-half-scoops might make the cereal less overly-sweet and kiddish.  They could even halve the size of the scoops and market it as the cereal with the “Three Scoops!”


PS—Yes, I know about the bowel.  I put it in there to make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment