Monday, August 1, 2011

Adding "man" to a word does not make it more "manly."

So, apparently there is a new phenomenon known as "manorexia."  It's like anorexia, only on men.  Perhaps manorexics carry murses.  Those are like purses, only for men.

Oh wait. 

They are purses.  They just added "man" to  it to make it more manly.  They forgot that they didn't actually change anything.
I think I am on to something.
Perhaps we've tapped a new market that would let us sell almost everything originally made for women to men.  I mean, we already have "guyliner," (that's like eyeliner) what about "manstick?"  (That's like lipstick.)

PS -- I don't really care if/that guys want to wear makeup, carry purses or stop eating (though the last one is sad on anybody); I just wish they could take it as what it actually is and not have to add "guy," "man" or "dude" to it.  After all, it's the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment