Thursday, August 11, 2011

I like to sew things

So when I began this blog a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't really sure where I was going, but I knew I wanted to take a few steps and start.  While I have decided this is officially not a sewing blog, this is a life+style blog.

One of the most important things about style, that is, physical style, is how you present yourself to the world.  I think sewing your own clothes is an important and great way to make sure your clothes fit because let's face it, whoever drafts patterns and especially ready-to-wear patterns has never seen a real person.  They live with dress forms that don't actually have the proportions of people.

For this reason, I decided to give real sewing a try.  I've made some pajama pants before, and started a jumper in quilting cotton (and so I quit), but that is my full...sartography?  Collection?  I don't know.

I'm starting with a really simple pattern, Simplicity 1970.  It's called a "SewSimple" pattern, which means it has only one view and it's (theoretically) easy.  I still have to learn how to pleat, and am looking desperately for an awesome and easy-to-follow tutorial.  I have too much to do, but I think that it's so important that one's clothes make one feel good.  This is a quickie post, but I thought it would be good to solidify the direction I'd really like to carry this blog.  I'm getting started, and I like it so far...hopefully I won't have to make another post later: I don't like to sew things.  Because so far since I do I want to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment