Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oh yeah, I forgot to talk to you!

Surprisingly, I think a blog is a little like a plant.  You really should talk to it often if you want it to grow big and strong.  Mostly I'm hoping this will grow big so I'll have lots of things to read when I am old.

So I wrote a lot of stuff, but then it seems I've forgotten about you for days, sweet blog.  (In case you didn't notice, I haven't written anything current since last weekend.  Oops.

The skirt I mentioned is going very well so far, except that I conviniently lost a pattern piece (the waistband).  Now I have to sort of draft one out of the very well-cut version I made of light blue broadcloth and cut it out of the magical scraps left over from the first skirt I tried to make:
That's right, the icky icky red sateen is now going to be very pretty pretty indeed!
However, I decided I wanted the other skirt AFTER I had decided that I wanted the gross gathered skirt, so last night I conviniently cut out the two fronts and two backs out of two pieces of fabric a whopping 19" wide!  Yes, I made a skirt out of fabric 19" * 33" times two!

That's how awesome I am!

Except that I have yet to figure out that waistband.  I really wanted a contrast waistband at first, but the contrast I have at the moment is a very scratchy black cotton broadcloth.  It's heavy, it has no drape, and I don't really love it.  Why should I sew something I don't absolutely love?

No comments:

Post a Comment